Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday midday

Hello from Cedar Rapids!

Mom had a good morning and a bit of breakfast before we got her dressed in regular clothes and loaded into the van. Dad is taking it OK that mom wanted Michael to drive but I might not forgive her (just kidding!)

There were no incidents on the way up and we got checked in smoothly.

Her initial reaction to the new place is very positive. She is very concerned that she will disappoint us or the staff here but we continue reassuring her.

Her nausea seems to be a thing of the past (fingers crossed it stays that way).

More later.

3 comments:

  1. Great news, Melissa! Keep up the good work. New positive day, for sure. You've all accomplished a lot today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa, for the very good news. You all accomplished a lot today. Keep up the great work. A brand new day with positive experiences and new hope and determination. So glad the nausea left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, thank you for letting Bonnie know about your mom. She passed the news on to me. We took turns driving to Turkey Valley and your mom got me on her bowling team! We had a great time! This has been quite a summer for hospitals. I have been down at Mercy in CR since July 3rd with my mom. Finally had to leave as I needed to get my room ready at WUE. We are hoping to move her to another skilled care facility this week.

    Let your Dad know I ran into an old teaching friend of his, I can't remember his name, but he married Joyce Burington. We saw them when he brother, Dennis, remarried in June. Their daughter went to Simpson and studied library science, I think.

    ReplyDelete