Sunday, August 19, 2012

Getting back to normal

We had a very normal day at home today. Mom finished going through the newspapers from the last few days, Dad trimmed and mowed part of the lawn (Michael came over and finished it) and Mom and Dad together did the dishes while I dusted and vacuumed.

After leftovers for lunch we made a trip to Ghurties for some frozen yoghurt and Mom walked all the way around the building for some exercise when we were done.

After all of that excitement, we sat down to watch the end of the Cubs game and Mom and I both fell asleep!

Because Mom is doing so well, I am going back to Madison this evening. Mom and Dad will be able to take care of each other just fine, and I told Mom that if she wants me to visit, all she needs to do is ask. She doesn't need to go to the hospital just to get attention ;)

Updates will come from Dad from now on.

4 comments:

  1. Travel safe, Melissa, and thank you so, so much for doing this blog. Love the good news about today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Linda is home, happy and well-cared for. Loved seeing the photo with the chair and cat. I look forward to reading Mr. Potter's updates! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that Linda is at home and doing well. Boy, what a scare. The day that Julie sent us Paper Pals the note about mom, I was just at the corner of where the music store was and I thought, "I wonder what Linda Potter is up to. She hasn't posted anything for her SU classes." What a co-incidence!

    My prayers go out to you, Linda, and your family for your continued healing. I'm so happy that you are doing well. God is great! Take care my friend, and I'll be in touch. Hugs.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from Ireland last night and am catching up on 10 days worth of emails. So sorry to hear that another surgery was required but am relieved to hear that things are going better. I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery. Please continue to keep us posted. Sue

    ReplyDelete