Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday midday

Mom has a lighter schedule on Saturday and then no therapies scheduled for Sunday.  What she did have today went well; She walked from her room down to the gym today instead of being pushed in the wheelchair, which is a first.The therapist said that on Monday they would give approval for dad or I to help her in and out of bed instead of calling the nurse each time, and by Wednesday she should have privileges to get up by herself.  Tuesday we have a team meeting with all of her therapists and doctors and at that time we should know how long she will stay, but I'm thinking by Tuesday we might be pretty close to going home.

This evening Michael, dad, my husband Mike and I are going to participate in a Road Rally in Iowa City (it's too bad Michael's wife, Cassie, can't join us, though).  Michael's friend Paul organizes it and it's sort of like the Amazing Race but just in town.  Mom is typically our "wheelman" (driver) so we will miss having her, but hopefully we can still stay competitive.  We plan to come back to Cedar Rapids when the Road Rally is over to give mom the play-by-play.  She will also be "on-call" just in case we need help with a clue.

Because mom is doing so well, I may start to post a little less often.  I also plan to add dad as a person who can write posts for when I return to Madison in the middle of this week.  When dad takes over posting the grammar, spelling and diction may improve, but it won't be as fun as what I write. :) To help me recover from years of "friendly advice" about my spelling, if you notice any grammatical errors in my dad's writing, please let us know in the comments! :)

2 comments: