Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Today I had an MRI and an appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Greenlee. He was very pleased with the results of the MRI which also made us feel better.  I will have another MRI in 6 months.

He confirmed that the surgery effects were more severe than normal for this operation.  He indicated that only a small minority of patients go through what I did after surgery.  It's one thing to have him tell us before surgery what might happen; it's quite another thing to have some of the possibilities become real after surgery.

We talked about my vision cut which still persists.  He confirmed that it could be a year before it improves if it's going to improve.

He lifted my weight restriction so now I can pick up Jacob if I can catch him. :)

My only restriction now is driving.  I talked to Dr. Greenlee about going to an empty parking lot and practicing my driving.  He thought that would be a great idea.  So, maybe we'll go to the mall parking lot on Black Friday.  LOL  When I feel confident I will contact the driving clinic at St. Luke's for recommendations on starting to drive on a regular basis.

My next important appointment is with the neuro-opthalmology clinic on November 13 for a vision field test.  I hope to find out if my vision has improved since the last test.

No comments:

Post a Comment