Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I had a Useful Range of Vision test this morning at UIHC.  The results were that I'm at moderate to high risk of having an accident while driving.  The doctor said that some people who take this test at this point are considered high risk only.  He expects that I will improve since it's only been 4 months since the surgery.

The doctor suggested that I repeat the test in 3 to 6 months.  In the meantime, he suggested I continue practice driving in low-pressure situations around the neighborhood.  Also, Phil took part in an Active Minds study a while ago, and as a result has some software that is identical to what they used for my test today.  The doctor suggested I use this software along with video games to improve my useful range of vision.

Phil suggested that I shouldn't have expected to pass this test with "flying colors", but naturally the results were depressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment